U3A OCTOBER EVENTS
Two hour visit to the New Zealand Schools of Dance & Drama. To be arranged in the October break. (Between 2 – 13 October).
Date and time will be given at U3A meetings and put on the U3A Website at a later date.
11 Hutchison Rd, Newtown (the former Winter Show Buildings). To arrive by car or No 11 Bus to John Street. (Free of charge)
Sat 7 Oct
A leisurely trip by train & bus to Stonehenge Wairarapa. Train departing from Wellington Railway Station at 9.55 am and returning 6.25 pm.
After an hour and a half in Greytown for lunch and a stroll, we have a full hour and a half at Wairarapa Stonehenge, before a final hour and a half at Carterton for a coffee and stroll again, before departing for Wellington at 5.05 pm.
Programme: 9.55 am Train departs Wellington Station
11 am Woodside, thence by railways bus to Greytown 11.12 am.
1 ¾ hours for lunch and a stroll. Followed by 20 mins on Tranzit bus to Stonehenge for the 1.30 pm tour.
1.30 – 3 pm At Stonehenge.
Followed by 20 mins Tranzit to Carterton for a coffee and stroll.
3.30 – 5 pm Carterton, departing on 5.05 pm train for Wellington, with arrival at 6.25 pm.
Cost: Train & bus – Gold Card
Tranzit bus – $10 each
Stonehenge – $15 each
Lunch etc – own cost
Enrolment effective at any time at email@example.com
Additional to enrolment, the Stonehenge visit requires $25 prepayment in the last week of September to U3A Acc No 03-1540-0009019-01 – with identification of self and event. This may be facilitated on-line or by a teller at your own Bank.
U3A NORFOLK ISLAND INVITES YOU TO JOIN THEM IN 2017 FOR THE FOLLOWING DEDICATED U3A EVENTS
March Foundation Day – re-enactment of First Fleet Landing
June Bounty Day – Anniversary of arrival of Pitcairn Islanders
August Norfolk Island History in song, poetry and story-telling
October Agricultural and Horticultural show
November Thanksgiving Day and Norfolk Island Food Festival
From $1,649 per person twin share ex Auckland.
- Includes return seat and bag airfare
- 7 nights’ accommodation and 7 days car hire
- Meet and greet at Norfolk Island Airport & return airport transfers
- Welcome meet and greet local U3A members (canapes provided, drinks own expense).
- Two course welcome dinner at Hilli Lounge Restaurant
- 2 x local U3A sessions with morning/afternoon tea
- Half day orientation tour
- Fletcher Christian’s Mutiny Cyclorama Walk
- Convict Kingston tour of world heritage listed KAHVA area
- Tag-a-long tour to see NI Museum Highlights, plus multiple entry to all four museums
- Pitcairn Settlers Tour and Walk in the Wild forest
- Discount Norfolk Island Shopping Card with free gift; Complimentary Mini Golf
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Free Call NZ: 0800 008 810
Conditions apply, prices current at time of writing, subject to availability and change without notice. Contact Norfolk Island Travel Centre for full package information. Travel insurance recommended.